Find Guest Post Websites
Guest posting is a popular and effective way to increase your online visibility, build relationships with other bloggers, and drive traffic to your own website. But how do you find guest post websites that are relevant to your niche, have a good reputation, and accept your pitches? In this blog post, I will share some tips and strategies that can help you find and land guest post opportunities.
What is Guest Posting and Why is it Important?
Guest posting is the practice of writing and publishing an article on someone else’s website or blog. It is a form of content marketing that allows you to showcase your expertise, reach a new audience, and generate backlinks to your own website. Guest posting can help you:
- Increase your brand awareness and credibility
- Build relationships with other bloggers and influencers
- Boost your organic search rankings and traffic
- Generate leads and conversions
- Learn from feedback and comments
How to Find Guest Post Websites in Your Niche
There are many ways to find guest post websites that are relevant to your niche and audience. Here are some of the most common and effective methods:
- Use search engines: You can use Google or Bing to search for keywords related to your niche and add terms like “write for us”, “guest post”, “contribute”, or “submit a post”. For example, if you are a travel blogger, you can search for “travel + write for us” or “travel + guest post”. This will give you a list of websites that accept guest posts in your niche. You can also use advanced search operators to refine your results, such as “intitle:write for us” or “inurl:guest-post”.
- Use social media: You can use social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn to find guest post websites. You can search for hashtags like “#guestpost”, “#guestblogger”, or “#writeforus” and see what websites are looking for guest contributors. You can also follow and engage with other bloggers and influencers in your niche and see where they are guest posting. You can also ask your followers or friends for recommendations or referrals.
- Use online tools: You can use online tools like [BuzzSumo], [Ahrefs], or [SEMrush] to find guest post websites. These tools allow you to analyze the content and backlinks of your competitors and see where they are guest posting. You can also use these tools to find popular and trending topics in your niche and see what websites are covering them. You can also use these tools to check the domain authority, traffic, and social shares of the websites you want to guest post on.
- Use guest post directories: You can use guest post directories like [GuestPostTracker], [BloggerLinkUp], or [MyBlogGuest] to find guest post websites. These directories are curated lists of websites that accept guest posts in various niches and categories. You can browse through the directories and find websites that match your criteria. You can also submit your own website to these directories and get requests from other bloggers who want to guest post on your site.
How to Pitch and Land Guest Post Opportunities
Once you have a list of guest post websites that you want to target, you need to pitch them your ideas and convince them to accept your guest post. Here are some tips and best practices that can help you pitch and land guest post opportunities:
- Do your research: Before you pitch a guest post website, you need to do your research and understand their audience, tone, style, and content. You need to read their blog posts, check their guidelines, and see what topics they are interested in. You also need to find out who is the editor or the person in charge of accepting guest posts and address them by name in your pitch.
- Craft a catchy subject line: The subject line of your pitch email is the first thing that the editor will see and decide whether to open it or not. You need to craft a catchy and relevant subject line that grabs their attention and makes them curious. You can use formulas like “[Name], I have a guest post idea for you” or “[Name], I love your blog and I have a suggestion”. You can also use a question, a statistic, or a benefit in your subject line.
- Write a personalized and concise email: The body of your pitch email is where you introduce yourself, explain why you want to guest post on their website, and propose your guest post idea. You need to write a personalized and concise email that shows that you have done your research, that you have something valuable to offer, and that you respect their time and guidelines. You can use a template like this:
I am [Your name], a [Your niche] blogger and a fan of your blog. I especially enjoyed your recent post on [Topic], where you [Mention something specific that you liked or learned].
I am writing to you because I have a guest post idea that I think would be a great fit for your audience. The title of the post is [Your title] and it will cover [Brief outline of the main points].
I have written for [Mention some of the websites that you have guest posted on or your own website] and I can provide you with high-quality and original content that is well-researched and engaging.
If you are interested, please let me know and I will send you the draft as soon as possible. I can also provide you with a short bio and a headshot if you need them.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Best regards, [Your name]
- Follow up: If you don’t hear back from the editor within a week or two, you can follow up with a polite and friendly email. You can remind them of your pitch and ask them if they have any questions or feedback. You can also offer to tweak or change your idea if they are not satisfied with it. You can use a template like this:
I hope this email finds you well. I am following up on my guest post pitch that I sent you on [Date]. I am wondering if you have had a chance to review it and if you are interested in publishing it on your website.
I am really excited about this opportunity and I think your audience will love it. If you have any questions or feedback, please let me know and I will be happy to address them. If you are not interested, please let me know as well so I can move on to other options.
Thank you for your time and attention. I hope to hear from you soon.
Best regards, [Your name]
Guest posting is a powerful way to grow your online presence, establish your authority, and drive traffic to your website. However, finding and landing guest post opportunities can be challenging and time-consuming. By following the tips and strategies that I shared in this blog post, you can find guest post websites that are relevant to your niche, pitch them your ideas, and get published on their platforms. Happy guest posting!